Carrot Cake Cupcakes
My favorite spice cake, filled with shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, coconut, chopped pecans and sweet raisins, topped with cream cheese frosting and these cute candy carrots!
Servings: 30 Cupcakes
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 c. crushed pineapple
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1/2 raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 lb. confectioner's sugar
- lemon juice as needed
- Green candy melts optional
- Orange candy melts optional
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two standard muffin tins with 24 paper cupcake cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and oil until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beat until combined. Stir in shredded carrots, pineapple, coconut, pecans and raisins.
- Pour batter into cupcake cups filling them 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar. If too stiff add lemon juice until spreading consistency is achieved.
- Pipe or frost cupcakes and decorate with a candy melt carrot if desired.
- CANDY MELT CARROTS: Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Melt the green candy melts per the package instructions then transfer to a resealable plastic bag or piping bag. Cut off the tip and pipe the greens of each carrot.
- Melt the orange candy melts per the package instructions then transfer them to a resealable plastic bag or piping bag. Cut off the tip and pipe the shape of a carrot partially overlapping the bottom of each green stem so they stick together.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the candy melts have fully hardened. Using an offset spatula, carefully release each carrot from the baking sheet and place on top of the frosted cupcakes.