Carrot Raisin Salad
This salad was always on Grandma's Holiday Table!!
- 1/3 c. golden raisins
- 1 lb. carrots shredded
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 3 T. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. diced fresh pineapple
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Fit a food processor with the grating blade. Cut the carrots in half and place in the feed tube so they are lying on their sides, process in batches.
- Place the shredded carrots in a medium bowl, add the lemon juice and toss.
- For the dressing, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and salt. Pour the dressing over the carrots and add the pineapple and raisins. Toss together and serve.