Cauliflower Chowder with Bacon
Our thick and creamy, low-carb, gluten-free chowder will fill you up without weighing you down!
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 c. gluten-free flour or all-purpose flour
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. milk
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add bacon. Cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a plate, lined with a paper towel; set aside
- Melt butter in a large stockpot, add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Whisk in flour until lightly browned; gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk. Cook, whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender about 12-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached. Remove bay leaf, serve immediately.