Cherry Cake Dessert
This dessert would be beautiful in a trifle dish OR individual jelly jars!
- 1 box angel food cake mix prepared
- 1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 (21 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip or whipped cream
- maraschino cherries with stems for decorating
- Prepare angel food cake as directed on the box; allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pudding and milk together, let stand one minute. Whisk in sour cream, let stand a couple of minutes.
- Tear half of the cake into bite size pieces and spread on the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass dish. Spread half of the cherry filling over cake.
- Spread all of the pudding over the cherry filling, repeat with remaining cake and cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate overnight. Decorate the top with Cool Whip or whipping cream and maraschino cherries just before serving.