Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Grilled chicken, penne pasta, lettuce, tomato, green onion, Parmesan cheese and croutons, tossed in a homemade creamy Caesar dressing!
- 3 grilled chicken breasts diced
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 lg. clove garlic minced
- 2 anchovies minced
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 lg. leaves romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c. green onions green part only, sliced
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Croutons optional
- Spray an outdoor grill with non-stick spray and preheat to medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for about 4-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Chicken is done if juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate; cover and allow the chicken to rest for 3 minutes. Cut into bite sized cubes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, anchovies. lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, toss half of the dressing with the pasta and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (Also refrigerate remaining dressing)
- Add remaining dressing, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and croutons if using, gently toss to combine.