Chicken Fajita Salad
Tired of the same old salad? Spice it up with our colorful Mexican Fajita Bowl! Tender chicken, sautéed peppers and onions, drizzled with lime vinaigrette!
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- DRESSING :
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- SEASONING :
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- CHICKEN FAJITAS:
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 med. onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced & drizzled with lemon juice
- Place chopped romaine lettuce into a large bowl; set aside.
- DRESSING: In a small jar, combine olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chili flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt: Place the lid on tightly, shake until well combined; set aside.
- SEASONING: In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- CHICKEN FAJITAS: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breast on one side of the pan, and the onions and peppers on the other side; sprinkle seasoning overall.
- Sauté the onions and peppers for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Flip the chicken, and cook for another 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Thinly slice the chicken into strips. Place chicken strips, onions and peppers on top of the salad greens. Slice avocado and add to salad.
- Toss everything together, serve immediately drizzled with dressing.