Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This creamy Italian soup is full of tender chicken, gnocchi-potato dumplings, and baby spinach...Enjoy!
- T. olive oil
- 1 sm. onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 carrots shredded
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast cubed
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. mini potato gnocchi
- 1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. cold water
- 2 c. half and half
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 3 additional minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and half-and-half into simmering soup. Cook until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.