Chicken Pesto Tortellini Salad
A quick summer meal, perfect for picnics!!
- 1 (20 oz.) pkg. cheese tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 3/4 c. plain yogurt
- 1 (9 oz.) pkg. basil pesto
- 3 T. buttermilk
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. frozen baby peas
- 3 c. chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions, about 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, place peas in colander. Drain tortellini over peas to thaw, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, pesto, buttermilk, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese, mix well. Add tortellini and peas, mix gently.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir gently to coat. Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours to blend flavors. Garnish with toasted pine nuts, if desired.