Chili Rubbed Copper River Salmon with Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
My most requested salmon dish, it doesn't get much BETTER than this!!
- 4 (6-oz.) wild Copper River salmon fillets
- 4 med. tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeño or to taste
- CHILI RUB :
- 1 1/2 T. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Place tomatillos in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tomatillos and when cool enough to handle, roughly chop them.
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the chopped tomatillos, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Gently fold in diced avocado and jalapeño. Season with salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, sugar and salt. Sprinkle fish with chili rub.
- Heat a large oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon, rub side down for 2 minutes, then flip and place pan in the oven for about 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer fish fillets to plates and top with the Avocado Tomatillo Salsa.