Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A delicious and healthy meal the whole family will enjoy!!
- SAUCE :
- 3-4 T. hoisin sauce plus more for serving
- 1 T. Oyster Sauce:
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 T. water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- FILLING :
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs finely chopped
- 8-9 shiitake mushrooms fresh or rehydrated, minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1-2 green onions minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can bamboo shoots minced
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
- SAUCE: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients, set aside.
- FILLING: Finely chop the chicken and mince the vegetables.
- In a large fry pan, over medium-high heat, stir-fry the chicken in a little oil. When the chicken is longer pink, add in the rest of the filling ingredients and the sauce. Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cooked filling mixture into each lettuce leaf. Top with more hoisin sauce, if desired. Eat taco style, wrapped neatly like a burrito.
- Cook's Note: If you use chicken breast or tenderloin instead of thighs, you can save a lot of time reducing your food preparation. Thigh meat will require more effort, but taste better. While the chicken breast will be faster and healthier, but not quite as tasty.