Chocolate Chip Turtle Cookies
A decadent chocolate chip cookie topped with caramel drizzle and chopped pecans!
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. brown sugar packed light
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lg. eggs
- 2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 14 Kraft caramels
- 3 T. heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 c. pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Microwave caramels and cream in a small bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle caramel over cookies and sprinkle with chopped pecans.