Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries
These gorgeous crepes make a wonderful breakfast or dessert for Valentine's Day, and they're only 135 calories each!
Servings: 12 crepes
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 T. unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 T. confectioner's sugar
- 3 c. 1% milk
- 4 lg. egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 24 strawberries sliced (2 in each crepe)
- Fat -free whipped topping
- chocolate syrup for drizzling
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil in a blender until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. When hot, spray with buttered flavored spray to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into the pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bottom of the crepe is light golden brown. Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining buttered flavored spray and crepe mixture.
- To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons whipped topping into the center of each crepe. Top with strawberries and fold each edge of crepe over the filling. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and drizzle with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup on each. Serve warm.
Cook's Note: Batter can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.