Chocolate Marshmallow Stuffed Cupcakes
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box Devil’s Food cake mix plus ingredients
- 24 lg. marshmallows
- FROSTING :
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 c. heavy cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- CAKE: Prepare Devil's Food cake mix according to package instructions. Fill each cupcake liner about two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into each cupcake comes out clean, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a cupcake corer or teaspoon, scoop a small “well” out of each cupcake (reserving cupcake crumbs for garnish). Place a marshmallow into each “well” and bake until the marshmallow puffs, about 3-5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- FROSTING: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat in heavy cream (adding more by the tablespoon until consistency is creamy but can hold peaks).
- Use a piping bag with a 1M tip to pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle cupcakes with reserved crumbs and serve.