Chocoholics rejoice! Indulge yourself in this rich and creamy decadent dessert!!
- 12 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 10 T. unsalted butter
- 8 egg yolks at room temperature
- 8 egg whites at room temperature
- 3 T. Baileys, Kahlua or Vanilla
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 T. confectioner's sugar
- Seperate the egg whites into a large bowl and the egg yolks into a small bowl.
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over low heat. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat, and gradually stir the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks, beating well. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Stir the Baileys, Kahlua or vanilla into the chocolate and egg mixture, and then gently fold this into the egg whites. There should be not white streaks visible.
- Pour mousse into individual glasses or a 1 quart serving dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, beat heavy cream with confectioners’ sugar, and place small dollop of cream on chilled mousse. Garnish with shaved chocolate or dust with cocoa powder.