A bite size chocolate confection rolled in cocoa powder or confectioner's sugar. Great for gift giving!
Servings: 36 truffles
- 8 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. Whipping cream
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder or confectioner's sugar for rolling
- Melt milk chocolate chips over simmering water in a double boiler, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula. When chocolate is completely melted, add whipping cream, stir together with a whisk. Remove from heat, stir in butter one tablespoon at a time, until completely melted. Cover and place in the refrigerator for several hours or until firm. (If you're in a hurry, place in the freezer for about 15 minutes, do not freeze.)
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Using a teaspoon, shape the firm mixture into balls, place the candies on wax paper and return to the refrigerator for about an hour or until firm.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder or confectioner's sugar and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Truffles are the best when served chilled.