Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Our super moist chocolate zucchini cake studded with mini chocolate chips is sure to become your family's favorite way to eat veggies! I've been making this cake for years, I hope you love it as much as we do! Recipe by Dee Hutchins-Reynozo (My Mom) & Tammy Baker (My dear friend) Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sour milk (½ c. milk plus 1 tsp. lemon juice)
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. zucchini grated
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips divided
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, butter and oil. Add eggs, vanilla and sour milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and soda.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet ingredients, beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Stir in grated zucchini and a ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Let cool.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.