Christmas Cowboy Cookies in a Gift Jar
Create an easy and delicious homemade Christmas gift to give to neighbors, teachers, friends, and family!
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 c. multi-color M&M’s
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 c. chopped pecans if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour or spoon the flour mixture into the bottom of a clean 1-quart jar fitted with a canning funnel.
- Add oats, M&M's, chocolate chips, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and nuts (in that order) being sure to pack in between layers by gently tapping the jar on the counter. Remove the funnel and seal the jar with a lid and ring. Makes 1 gift jar
- DECORATING THE JAR: Cut a 6-inch circle or square piece of cotton fabric. Top the jar with fabric, tie it with suede, rope, ribbon, or raffia, and attach a spoon or spatula. Print gift tags, labels, and directions below.
- DIRECTIONS TO ATTACH TO THE JAR: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Empty cookie mix into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 slightly beaten egg, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Combine thoroughly. Roll into 1-1/2 balls. Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies