Christmas Cowboy Cookies in a Gift Jar
Create an easy and delicious homemade Christmas gift to give to neighbors, teachers, friends, and family!
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 c. multi-color M&M’s
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 c. chopped pecans if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour or spoon flour mixture into the bottom of a clean 1-quart jar fitted with a canning funnel.
- Add oats, M&M’s, chocolate chips, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and nuts (in that order) being sure to pack in between layers. Remove the funnel and seal with a lid and ring. Makes 1 gift jar
- Decorate the jar: Cut a 6-inch circle or square piece of cotton fabric. Top jar with fabric, tie with suede, rope, ribbon, or raffia, and attach a spoon or spatula. Print gift tags, labels, and directions below.
- Directions to attach to the jar: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Empty cookie mix into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 slightly beaten egg, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Combine thoroughly. Roll into 1-1/2 balls. Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies