Christmas Cowboy Cookies
These sweet, buttery cookies are loaded with red and green M&M's, chocolate chips, rolled oats, and toasted pecans.
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tp. salt
- 1 lg. egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. M&M candies red & green
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans optional, but recommended
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add slightly beaten egg, softened butter and vanilla. Use a large spoon to work it all together.
- Stir in M&M’s, chocolate chips and pecans, if using. You may need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on prepared baking sheet, pressing them down slightly with your hand. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.