A sweet and salty treat made of saltine crackers, toffee, semi-sweet chocolate, M&M’s and sprinkles! WARNING: This candy is positively addicting!
Servings: 3 lbs. candy
- 48-50 saltine crackers
- 1 c. salted butter cubed
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. red & green M&M’s
- 1 handful Christmas jimmies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover the prepared pan with saltine crackers, touching, salt side up.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir until the butter has melted. Once the butter has melted, Increase the heat and bring mixture to a boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture is nice and bubbly and has changed to a light caramel color, pour evenly over saltine crackers spreading quickly with an offset spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes. The mixture will spread evenly over the crackers.
- Immediately after removing from the oven sprinkle with chocolate chips, let sit for a few minutes, then spread with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with M&M’s and jimmies. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes. Once the chocolate has hardened break into pieces. Store candy in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.