Christmas Crinkle Cookies
These adorable cookies are made with store-bought cake mix, rolled in confectioners’ sugar, then baked into festive red and green crinkle cookies. They're the perfect addition to any holiday cookie tray!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box white cake mix
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- Wiltons red & green gel food coloring
- 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar for rolling
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Make a “well” in the center. Add eggs and oil. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until combined. (The cookie dough will be the consistency of play-doh.)
- Divide cookie dough into two small bowls. Color one red and the other green. (I used my hand mixer to do this.)
- Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll tablespoon-size balls of cookie dough in confectioners’ sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes until they puff up.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.