Creamy white chocolate fudge studded with crushed peppermint candies.
Servings: 2 lbs.
- 1/4 c. butter plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate baking squares finely chopped
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
- 1/2 c. crushed peppermint candy plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil. Grease the foil with butter, set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup butter, sugar and sour cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil, cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in white chocolate and marshmallow cream until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract.
- Immediately pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with more crushed peppermint if desired. Chill until firm.
- Use the foil to lift the fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil, cut fudge into 1-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.