Sweet strawberries and tart cranberries come together to make one delicious jam! Simply add a cute tag with ribbon and you've got the perfect gift for the holidays!
Servings: 14 half pints
- 2 (20 oz.) pkg frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 lb. fresh cranberries
- 5 lbs. granulated sugar
- 2 (3 oz.) pouches liquid fruit pectin
- Have your sterilized jars, rims, bands and canning tools ready.
- Working in batches, pulse the strawberries and cranberries in a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency, smooth or chunky, I prefer chunks of fruit in my jam.
- Pour the processed fruit and sugar into a large heavy-bottom pot over medium high heat; stir to combine. Bring the fruit and sugar mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in pectin. Allow the jam to cool for 5 minutes, and then skim off the foam.
- Ladle the hot jam mixture into sterile half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims clean, cover with hot lids and screw down the bands fingertip tight.
- Process the jars for 10 minutes in a water bath.
- Cook’s Note: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
- Once sealed, add a cute label for gift giving.
Adapted from A Family Feast