Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
This easy make-ahead breakfast casserole, is what every host or hostess needs during the holidays, giving you more time to spend with family and friends.
- 1 (12 rolls) pkg. frozen Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls cut into pieces
- 4 lg. eggs
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- cream cheese icing from cinnamon roll pkg.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using kitchen scissors cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces, evenly scatter them in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour the mixture evenly over the rolls making sure they are all well coated.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6-8 hours. Rolls will thaw and rise.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake casserole for 35-40 minutes or until the rolls are well browned on top. Note: If the rolls are getting too brown before being cooked all the way through, cover with foil and continue baking.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and frost with the cream cheese icing from the cinnamon roll package or drizzle with maple syrup if desired.