Classic Green Bean Casserole
A tradition in our family, my brother Ted makes this every year at Thanksgiving! Recipe shown here was doubled!
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 (9 oz.) pkgs. frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 small jar mushroom buttons drained and cut in half, optional
- 1 1/3 c. French's Original French Fried Onions divided
- Mix soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -qt. baking dish. Stir in beans, mushrooms and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot. Stir. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.
- Cook's Note: You may substitute 2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) cut green beans, drained OR 4 cups fresh, cooked cut green beans for frozen beans. You may also substitute cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom. Try adding chopped water chestnuts for added crunch.