Coconut Bon Bons
Recipe by: Glenda Snook - These candies make a great gift for any occasion!
Servings: 36 candies
- 1 (16 oz.) box confectioner's sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) bag coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. mashed potatoes
- CHOCOLATE COATING :
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 squares Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 bar paraffin
- In a large bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, coconut, vanilla and mashed potatoes together and roll into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Chocolate Coating: Melt chocolate chips, chocolate squares and paraffin in a double boiler. Dip coconut balls in chocolate mixture and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper. Sprinkle the tops with coconut if desired. Refrigerate candies.
- Cook's Note: You can use 2 ounces of Wilton Candy Melts instead of paraffin.