Coconut Cream Sheet Cake
The most AMAZING coconut cake you’ll ever make!
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) cont. sour cream
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 (8.5 oz.) can Coco Lopez cream of coconut
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 box Duncan Hines Signature French Vanilla Cake
- COCONUT CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 3 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. confectioner's sugar sifted
- 1 (7 oz) pkg. sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan; set aside.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, beat eggs using an electric hand mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Add sour cream, water, cream of coconut, and vanilla extract; beat until well combined. Add cake mix; beat on low speed just until blended. Increase speed to high, beat for 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, cover the pan with plastic wrap, and freeze the cake for 30 minutes.
- FROSTING: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until creamy; add milk and vanilla, beating well. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in coconut.
- Remove cake from freezer. Spread with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cook’s Note: If desired, this cake can be baked in a greased and floured 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Coco Lopez cream of coconut can be found in the "mixer aisle" near beer and wine in most major grocery stores.