Coconut Creamed Corn
Creamed corn goes tropical.
- 4 ears corn kernels cut from cob
- 1 c. light coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper takes it to a whole new level, optional
- Combine corn kernels, coconut milk and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain an active simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the coconut milk has evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice and crushed red pepper, if using.