Corn and Asparagus Salad
A delicious spring salad served chilled or at room temperature. Perfect salad for a picnic!
- 6 ears yellow corn shucked
- 2 bunches Asparagus trimmed
- 1 sm. red onion diced small
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- DRESSING :
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large stock pot with water, salt and bring it to a boil. Place shucked corn in boiling water and blanch the corn for 3 minutes until bright yellow. Then toss the corn into an ice bath.
- In the same water used for blanching the corn, blanch the asparagus for 1 minute and toss into the ice bath. Once cooled, remove the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife and cut the asparagus into 1-inch angled sections. Place both the corn and then asparagus into a medium size bowl.
- In another medium size bowl, mix together sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over corn and asparagus. Toss together and chill or serve at room temperature.