Cowboy Steak with Coffee Rub
Give your steak an extra kick with our smokin' coffee rub!
- 2 lbs. (1 1/4-inch) beef tenderloin top sirloin, rib eye or filet steaks
- 2 T. finely ground coffee
- 2 T. ground cumin
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine coffee, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Pour spice rub onto a large plate. Roll steaks in spices; set aside for about an hour, so steaks come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Preheat a cast iron or heavy skillet, over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Cook the steaks until nice a brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the steaks over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven tent with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.