Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Jumbo pasta shells filled with Dungeness crab salad. A wonderful hors d'oeuvre for any occasion!!
- 16 jumbo shell pasta (about 1/2 lb. dry pasta)
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 c. finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 c. finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 12 oz. fresh Dungeness crab meat or two 6 oz. cans drained & flaked
- Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain, rinse with cold water. Place shells upside down on paper towels to drain thoroughly, cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and garlic, cook and stir until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dill and salt, blend well. Add carrot, cucumber, crab meat and cooled broccoli mixture, mix well.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons mixture into each shell. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover, refrigerate until cold. Serve on a platter of leafy lettuce.