Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
Look no further, you’ve found my ULTIMATE snickerdoodle recipe! They’re crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside! I promise your family and friends will be begging for more!
Servings: 3 dozen
- 3 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- COOKIES: In a medium bowl, combine flour cornstarch cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until well combined. Add sugar, beat until light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until completely combined. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- CINNAMON SUGAR: In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and scoop into 1 ½ tablespoon-size portions. Roll into a ball between your palms. Roll in cinnamon sugar until completely coated.
- Place on prepared baking sheet at least 2-inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass press the dough balls to flatten slightly. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Cookies will be soft in the center and continue baking as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
If you want bigger cookies simply double the size of your dough balls and cook 6 to a baking sheet.