Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
The perfect soup on a chilly day!
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 c. red onion
- 1/2 c. carrots
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 oz.) box long grain & wild rice blend with flavor packet
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 3 c water
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots; sauté until softened.
- Add marjoram, flour, and seasoning packet from the rice; stir to combine.
- Add rice, chicken broth, and water; bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over low heat, warm heavy cream and milk. Stir warm milk mixture into the soup. Add shredded chicken. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Season soup with salt and pepper before serving.