Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Tastes like Alfredo without all the butter and calories!
- 1 lb. box penne pasta
- 8 strips bacon diced, divided
- 1 T. butter
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain grease, reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the bacon drippings and toss in chicken pieces; cook over medium-high heat, until lightly browned and no longer pink.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and flour over the chicken; then add the 2 cups of milk. Stir until it is bubbly and thick. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the cheese and half of the diced bacon pieces to the pan; stir until melted.
- Add the noodles to the sauce; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with remaining bacon pieces and fresh chopped parsley.