Crunchy Pea Salad
Grandma always had a bowl of this delicious salad on her holiday table!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen green peas thawed
- 1/2 c. celery chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 c. cashew halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peas, celery, red onions, sour cream, mayonnaise and vinegar. Gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in cashews and bacon, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note: Shredded cheddar cheese and water chestnuts would make a great addition to this salad.