Curried Carrot Soup
This silky smooth carrot soup is subtly spiced with curry, cumin and white pepper. Serve as a starter course or meal by adding a scoop of rice to each serving, Enjoy!
- 4 c. chopped carrots
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped yellow onion
- 4 c. vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 ground cumin
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. grey sea salt
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Sour cream or plain yogurt for serving
- Seasoned croutons for serving for serving
- Basil ribbons for garnish
- Pepitas for garnish
- Place chopped carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil; simmer until fork tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions; cook until translucent, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Drain carrots and place back in the pot. Add the cooked onions, broth, honey, soy sauce, and spices. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from the heat. Using an immersion blender or stand blender, puree until smooth. Stir in heavy cream.
- Serve immediately topped with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt, herbed croutons, basil ribbons and/or pepitas.