Curry Chickpea Salad
Garbanzo beans, Indian spices, sweet raisins, red bell pepper, onion and cilantro, lightly dressed in curry vinaigrette, served over a bed of mixed greens.
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. Maple syrup
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds toasted or 1 tsp. ground curry
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 c. chopped red onion
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro chopped
- 8 c. mixed salad greens
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice, maple syrup curry powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle in olive oil; whisk to combine.
- Add chickpeas, raisins, red bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro; toss to combine. Spoon chickpea salad over salad greens.