Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Deviled eggs and creamy macaroni salad combine to make one perfect summer side dish!
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni noodles
- 8 lg. eggs
- 1 c. mayonnaise divided
- 4 tsp. yellow mustard divided
- 4 tsp. distilled white vinegar divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. diced bread and butter pickles or 1/4 c. sweet relish
- 1/4 c. diced celery
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh chives divided
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika for sprinkling
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water, transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in large pot in a single layer, add enough cold water to cover them by 1-inch. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Let sit for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and immediately submerge them into a bowl of ice-cold water to stop the cooking.
- Peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise. Separate the yolks from the whites. Transfer the yolks to a medium bowl and mash with a fork; set aside. Chop 8 egg white halves into 1/2-inch pieces and add them to the pasta bowl. Place the remaining 8 egg white halves, cut side up on a plate.
- To the bowl with the mashed egg yolks, add 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, 2 teaspoons vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the mashed egg yolks, whisk vigorously to smooth any lumps. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture; set aside. Transfer the rest of the mixture to a large piping bag fitted with a (1M) star tip OR a resealable plastic bag, snip the corner of the bag and pipe the mixture into the center of the egg whites on the plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To the bowl with the pasta and egg whites, fold in the pickles, celery, red onion, 1 tablespoon chives, 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, 2 teaspoons vinegar, reserved deviled egg mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper mix until well combined.
- Transfer salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle the top with half of the remaining chives and half of the paprika. Top the pasta with the deviled eggs. Sprinkle with remaining chives and paprika. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.