"Mud (chocolate pudding), Dirt (Oreo cookie crumbs), and Night Crawlers (gummy worms), makes eating dirt FUN!!"
- 2 c. cold milk
- 1 (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Oreo cookies crushed
- 8 to10 (6 or 7 oz.) clear plastic cups
- Gummy worms for decoration
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding and milk until well blended, let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip and 1/2 cup dirt (crushed cookies).
- Place 1 teaspoon dirt (crushed cookies) into each cup. Fill each cup 3/4 full with pudding. Top with remaining dirt (crushed cookies). Refrigerate one hour. Garnish with gummy worms, frogs, candy, flowers, or chopped nuts just before serving.
- Cook's Note: To crush cookies - Place cookies in re-sealable plastic bag, roll with a rolling pin until finely crushed. Or, place in food processor, cover and process until finely crushed.
- For Sand Cups - Prepare as directed, using 35 Nilla wafers and vanilla instant pudding.