aka: Red Wine Spaghetti - Although it's called "Drunken Spaghetti" you won't get drunk eating it because the alcohol cooks off, Enjoy!
- 4 c. water
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine divided
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 sm. garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 c. parsley finely chopped
- 1 c. (4 oz.) toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water, 3 cups of wine, and a large pinch of salt to a boil. Add spaghetti, cook until al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper, and season with salt. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of wine and the reserved cooking liquid and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta, cook until the liquid is nearly absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add parsley, nuts, cheese, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, toss to coat. Season pasta with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, passing grated cheese at the table.