Dungeness Crab Boil
Fresh caught Dungeness crab, baby red potatoes, corn on the cob, and Polska kielbasa boiled over an outdoor cooker! No need for plates, simply serve the crab boil on a newspaper-lined table and let everyone dig in!
- 5-6 whole fresh Dungeness crabs backs removed and broken in half
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 4 ears corn cleaned, cut into thirds
- 1 lb. polska kielbasa cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 T. kosher salt
- 1-2 T. cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 bag Zatarain’s Crab Boil in a bag
- Heat 3 quarts of water in a large pot over an outdoor cooker. Add salt, cayenne pepper and Zatarain’s crab boil in a bag. Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add crab, potatoes, corn and kielbasa, cover and boil vigorously for 20 minutes.
- Remove crab, potatoes, corn and kielbasa to a BIG serving bowl or spread out over a newspaper covered table.
- Serve with a side of melted butter and a dash of your favorite seasoning salt for dipping.
- Cook's Note: I use a 9-10 quart stainless steel pot!!