Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box white cake mix prepared
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 (16 oz.) tub prepared cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) bag shredded coconut
- green food coloring or color of choice
- candy eggs or jelly beans
- Prepare cupcakes per cake mix instructions, adding 1 teaspoon almond extract to the batter. Fill cupcakes cups with batter. Bake according to cake mix directions. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a Ziploc bag, add coconut and 2 drops green food color, close bag and mush coloring into coconut until distributed evenly throughout. Pour coconut grass into flat bowl for dipping.
- After cupcakes have cooled, frost them; dip frosted tops into the coconut grass. Arrange candy eggs on top and place on serving platter.