Mexican street corn salad with black beans, avocado, and chili lime dressing!
- 4-5 lg. ears fresh corn husked
- 1 1/2 T. vegetable oil if cooking on stovetop
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained & rinsed, optional
- 1 lg. (firm ripe) avocado peeled & chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped red onion
- 1/2 c. cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper stemmed, seeded & minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 T. fresh lime juice divided
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 oz. Cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- Stove Top Method: Remove husks from corn. Cut kernels from the cob over a Bundt pan. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add corn, cook, tossing occasionally, until corn is charred all over (about 8-10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Outdoor Grill Method: Remove husks from the corn. Heat grill to medium. Grill corn (8-10 minutes), turning frequently, until corn is charred all over. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cut kernels from the cob over a Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, toss chopped avocado with 1/2 tablespoon lime juice. Add cooled corn, black beans, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili powder, and smoked paprika, stir until well combined. Pour dressing over corn salad. Gently toss everything together.
- Arrange chopped lettuce on a serving platter. Spoon corn salad over lettuce. Sprinkle Cotija cheese over all, and serve.