Chocolate cupcakes topped with espresso buttercream frosting, drizzled with salted chocolate caramel sauce, garnished with chocolate covered coffee beans, Enjoy!
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. brewed coffee
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- FROSTING :
- 1 c. butter softened
- 5 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Torani Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce for drizzling
- 24 chocolate covered coffee beans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup standard muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and coffee. Using a hand mixer beat until well combined about 2 minutes; fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter between cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooking rack to cool completely.
- FROSTING: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine softened butter and half of the confectioners’ sugar. Beat on low until the mixture is smooth, scraping the sides as needed. Add the rest of the confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, espresso powder, and salt. Beat on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy. (You may need to add a little more cream if the frosting is too stiff.)
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a 1M star tip. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Place cupcakes on a rack over a sheet pan to catch the drips from the chocolate drizzle.
- Drizzle cupcakes with salted chocolate caramel sauce and garnish with a chocolate covered coffee bean, shaved chocolate or mini chocolate chips. Set into Starbuck’s cupcake wrapper and decorate with a green straw if desired.