Fresh Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Healthy, colorful veggie rolls served with creamy peanut dipping sauce, Enjoy!
Servings: 12 spring rolls
PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce or more to taste
- 4 tsp. light brown sugar
- (1-inch) piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2-3 T. warm water or more as needed
VEGGIE SPRING ROLLS:
- 10-12 (22 cm) spring roll wrappers
- 10-12 lg. butter lettuce leaves
- 1 (.75 oz.) pkg. fresh basil leaves
- 1 (.75 oz.) pkg. fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 lg. carrots julienned
- 1/4 head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 lg. red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber seeded and thinly sliced
- PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE: In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Add 2-3 tablespoons water or more until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- VEGGIE SPRING ROLLS: Prep all veggies before you begin; then prepare your workspace. Fill a 9 or 10-inch pie plate with lukewarm water. Lightly wet the surface of a cutting board. Place your veggies close to the cutting board and have a plate ready for the finished spring rolls.
- Start by submerging one spring roll wrapper at a time in lukewarm water for 10-15 seconds until completely moistened. Carefully, transfer the wrapper to a wet cutting board. Place a lettuce leaf, basil, mint, and cilantro in the center of the wrapper, then top with carrots, cabbage, red bell pepper, and cucumber.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the veggies, folding in the sides as you roll from the bottom to top, until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the wrapper. Place the spring roll on a plate and cover with damp paper towels. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Cut the spring rolls in half if desired and serve with peanut dipping sauce. The spring rolls are best consumed the day they are made.