Frog Eye Fruit Salad
Recipe inspired by Nancy Cleveland
- 1 1/3 c. acini di pepe pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits drained (reserving 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple drained
- 2 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges drained
- 2 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. angel flake coconut
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool pasta. Drain well.
- In large bowl, beat pudding, milk and reserved pineapple juice for 2 minutes. Gently fold in pasta, pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows and coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.