Inspired by gazpacho soup, here we’ve re-imagined it as a refreshing summer salad, Enjoy!
- 3 c. tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 c. English cucumber peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 c. diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 c. finely diced red onion
- 1/3 c. diced celery
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- sour cream for serving, optional
- Diced avocado for serving, optional
- DRESSING :
- 1 1/2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- SALAD: In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, red onion, celery and cilantro.
- DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic. Pour dressing over salad; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving into salad bowls. Top with sour cream and diced avocados if desired and serve with crusty French bread for sopping up the dressing.
If you prefer a little heat, simply add 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced.