Chilled gazpacho soup served in hollowed out cucumber cups.
Servings: 4 cups soup
- English cucumbers
- 3 lg. tomatoes quartered and seeded
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 c. tomato juice or Clamato juice
- Chopped cucumber for garnish
- Peel cucumbers and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Using a small melon baller, carefully scoop out the insides, leaving 1/4 inch on the bottom, to create a cup. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, shallots, jalapeños, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper, in a food processor. Pulse until blended, but not smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Add tomato juice, stirring until well blended. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Spoon gazpacho into cucumber cups, and sprinkle with chopped cucumber. Cover and refrigerate remaining gazpacho up to 3 days.