These soft and chewy gingerbread cookies topped with a sweet Hershey’s kiss are so easy to make and your house will smell like Christmas while baking them! The perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray, Enjoy!
Servings: 30 cookies
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. turbinado cane sugar for rolling
- 1 bag striped Hershey’s kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating until a dough forms.
- Pour the turbinado sugar into a bowl. Using a cookie scoop, scoop 1½ tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll each cookie dough ball in turbinado sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes before adding a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool completely before serving.