Grandma's Strawberry Jello Pie
A tried and true summertime treat the whole family will love!
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 c. water
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry gelatin
- 4 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream optional
- Bake the pie crust according to package instructions; set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; whisk in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until slightly cooled, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the baked crust. Pour gelatin mixture over the berries.
- Refrigerate until set about 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired.