A delicious Greek-inspired burger, loaded with sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, pine nuts and Greek seasonings. Serve on toasted buns, dressed with arugula, sliced tomatoes and red onion. Drizzle with a homemade Tzatziki sauce and topped with more feta cheese, Enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground lamb turkey, beef or pork
- 1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 c. finely chop red onion
- 1/4 c. finely chop parsley
- 3 T. pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 T. Cavender's Greek seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 c. arugula mix
- 1/2 c. Tzatziki Sauce : (see below)
- Sliced tomatoes for serving
- Sliced red onions for serving
- Crumbled feta cheese for serving
- 4 hamburger buns lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, feta cheese, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Fry burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. If using poultry or pork, make sure it's thoroughly cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Arrange some arugula leaves on the bottoms of each toasted hamburger bun and place the patties on top. Top with tomatoes, red onions, tzatziki sauce, and crumbled feta cheese. Place the top bun on each burger and serve immediately with extra tzatziki sauce.
- Cook’s Note: These burgers would be delicious wrapped in lettuce or pita bread instead of hamburger buns!
Recipe for: Tzatziki Sauce